慢步乔治市中心-第四集


图31:槟洲华人大会堂 (The Chinese Town Hall)

從獲得殖民地政府於1875年頒給獻地信託書和興建款額算起,檳華堂今年邁入第134週年,經歷了歲月洗練一又四分之一世紀。 佇立在椰腳街的檳華堂前身是平章公館,1914年改稱平章會館,1975年再易名檳州華人大會堂,不過英文名稱始終保持“The Chinese Town Hall”。

----------------------------------------------


图32:Kapitan Keling Mosque

建于1801年,槟城最悠久的回教堂
“A monumental mosque crowned by yellow domes. The largest and oldest mosque in Penang was built in 1801 and further redesigned in 1910 by a German architect - Henry Alfred Neubronner, who gave the mosque its British Raj Moghul revival appearance and an elegant minaret.it was named after the Indian Muslim merchant Caudeer Mohudeen, who was also the Kapitan Keling (headman). Originally a rectangular building with verandahs and a hipped roof, the mosque has been enlarged several times, British architects commissioned by the Muslim and Hindu Endowments Board gave the mosque its British Moghul Revival appearance in 1916. The elegant minaret dates from this time.”

www.asiaexplorers.com/malaysia/kapitan_keling_mosque.htm

--------------------------------------------


图33:嘉应会馆

1800年成立了嘉应会馆。客家人的地方。主要的空间是设置了常年必须晨昏上香的神主龛,会馆也以祭祀神主的春秋二祭作为每年主要的例常活动。会馆除了主办神诞,大多数的集会活动其实都是涉及先人崇拜。在这些每逢在农历新年和春、秋,或冬祭,组织族人祭拜先人的活动中,也包括了组织大家到总坟去为所有不知名的先人上香献祭,过后又往往是现场按古礼举行分胙以及晚上主办宴会。

-----------------------------------------------


图34:观音亭(Goddess of Mercy Temple)

香火鼎盛、古香古色的观音寺据说是由第一批中国移民所建。该寺庙坐落在Jalan Masjid Kapitan的南端,是槟城最古老的中国寺庙。观音寺建立于1801年,它的瓦顶冠脊镶有一对栩栩如生的双龙戏珠雕塑,异常堂皇瑰丽,两旁的石狮,英姿威威仿佛守着寺庙。寺内供奉着观音大士,香客络绎不绝。观庙里每逢初一、十五,善男信女都会前来烧香祈求一家大小平安。 音诞时,寺前的花岗石岩庭院必演大戏酬神,演出的次数是一年三次。

“This is one of the oldest Chinese temples in Penang. Built in 1801 by early immigrant settlers from China, the building is decorated with intricately crafted dragons and a pair of stone sculptured lions which are said to be its guardians. Undoubtedly the most popular Chinese temple in Penang, the Kuan Yin Teng, is flocked to by pilgrims and followers all year round, particularly on the first and fifteenth day of each lunar month. There is a lovely square where puppet shows and Chinese operas are staged on the Goddess of Mercy's feast days. The square is always a centre of bustling activity, and there is an octagonal well in one corner, which was once a public well for the Chinese community. “

www.asiaexplorers.com/malaysia/kuanyinteng.htm

---------------------------------------------


图35:宁阳会馆

台山寧陽會館建于1831年“寧陽會館”是根據台山舊稱新寧縣而設名的。

----------------------------------------------


图36:武帝庙(nin-yong-temple)

19世纪中的建筑物。

“Nin Yong Temple is a clan temple of the Toi San Association, a Cantonese district association of the Sing Ling dialect group from Toi San District, Guangdong Province, in southern China. It was constructed some time in the mid 19th century, and was renovated into its present form around the early 20th century, in 1912-1913. The renovation involved raising the level of the roof to the same height as that of the adjacent Ng Kongsi building, and cutting back on the length of the building by 7 feet 6 inches, so that a back lane can be created. A component of the Toi San Association is the Wu Ti Meow or War Emperor's Temple, which is incorported into Nin Yong Temple, at No 38 Lebuh King, next door to the left. The patron deity of this temple is Kwan Kong, literally Lord Kwan. His name in Mandarin is Guan Yu; he is the war general usually portrayed with a red face and holding a guandao, the huge crescent blade.As a final touch to the 1912-1913 renovation, the sign over the lentil of Wu Ti Meow was based on a calligraph by Leong Ting Feng, a central government officer and calligrapher who had to go into exile in the 1890's for criticizing the Prime Minister. He re-entered the imperial court after the Boxer Rebellion, having been hired by the Empress Dowager to tutor Pu Yi, who later ascended the throne as the last emperor of China.”

http://www.penang-traveltips.com/nin-yong-temple.htm

----------------------------------------------


图37:Ng See Kah Meow (槟城伍氏家庙)

建于1896年

“Ng Kongsi, also known as Seh Ng Chia Soo or Ng See Kah Meow, is a clan association of the Cantonese people surnamed Ng. It is part of a row of Cantonese-style association buildings that include the Nin Yong Temple next door. ”

------------------------------------------


图38:福德祠

一座历尽1850年间,迂回在秘密会所与闽南式庙宇之间的150多年的古迹 – 本头公巷福德正神庙。福德正神庙目前正极力争取,继张弼士故居以及潮州韩江家庙之后,成为槟城第三座亚太区文化遗产保护奖的古迹。

------------------------------------------------


图39:香山会馆 (中山会馆)

建于1900年,1937年,为纪念孙中山先生创立民国,香山会馆改名为中山会馆。香山会馆本身的建筑物很有特色。

-----------------------------------------------


图40:King Street Temples

“这座结合了街屋、庙宇和戏台的庙宇,本身其实就是槟城重要的一个历史见证,皆因它正是槟城当时最为赫赫有名的秘密会社,建德堂的总部。据记载,一场私会党之间的斗争曾在这里上演。 由于这是一座秘密会社,当时建立这座庙宇的建筑模式,绝对考量防御第一的隐秘结构。而建成的庙宇就藏在街屋围合的广场之内,形成了特有的一处历史人文空间,外人决不易发现它的存在。”
--------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

advertisement